Carrot, hazelnut, and apple cake. This is one of my favorite cakes for breakfast, with some caffellatte. If you don’t have hazelnut flour, blend the nuts together with some of the sugar. The sugar will absorb the oil released by the nuts and will help to blend them into a fine powder.
- 3 eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 300 g all purpose flour
- 50 g hazelnut flour
- 300 g carrots
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 60 ml walnut oil
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 apple, cleaned and cut in small cubes
- powder sugar for garnish
(1) Clean the carrots and grate them finely with an electric mixer.
(2) With an electric whisk, beat together eggs and sugar until almost white.
(3) In a bowl mix the flour, the hazelnut flour, baking powder, the grated carrots, the grated ginger, and a pinch of salt.
(4) With a wooden spoon, slowly add the flour mixture to the beaten eggs. Mix carefully adding the walnut oil, and the milk, obtaining a dense mixture. Finally add the apple cut in small cubes.
(5) Pour the mixture in a baking silicone mold (or in a cake pan previously spread with a thin layer of butter and sprinkled with flour).
(6) Put in the oven preheated to 360 F. Bake for 25 minutes, then lower the temperature to 345 F and cook for other 10 minutes or until ready (insert a wooden pick, when it comes out dry the cake is ready.
Hope you enjoy it!